Zirconium dental crowns
One of the innovations of modern dentistry is the restoration of teeth with biocompatible materials that are solid enough to withstand masticatory forces. Dentists today have an aesthetic, strong, pure, biocompatible (absolutely bioinert) material that has revolutionized the work of specialists in dental aesthetics and prosthetics: zirconium.
Dental crowns on a zirconium support are made by computerized milling (CAD-CAM process or numerical control milling) and are extraordinary from an aesthetic point of view. Therefore, prosthetics using the zirconium support does not only solve a functional problem, leaving the aesthetic part to other procedures to beautify the smile, but represents in itself an aesthetic solution to cover the dental implant or an incomplete tooth.
From the point of view of specialists in dental prosthetics, crowns on a zirconium support represent the optimal solution for restoring teeth, without limiting ourselves to frontal teeth only. Unlike other dental tissue replacement solutions, this is the one preferred by patients, due to its appearance similar to that of a natural tooth and the resistance that ensures greater durability.
The advantages of crowns on a zirconium support:
- Natural appearance: Most of the time, the determining factor when it comes to dental crowns is their appearance and similarity to the natural tooth. From this point of view, the crown on a zirconium support is, without a doubt, the choice that any patient facing oral rehabilitation problems must make.
- Durability: The dental crown on a zirconium support is an extremely precise prosthetic piece, obtained by computerized milling, so that its gingival adaptation is superior to other technologies. In other words, the gingival problems encountered, inevitable in many cases where other prosthetic solutions were used, are completely eliminated in the case of the dental crown on a zirconium support.
- Immediate accommodation: Another major advantage of zirconium-supported crowns is that accommodation takes very little time, unlike cases where other prosthetic solutions are used. This is due to the fact that, unlike the rest of the crowns, those on a zirconium support are very light. After a very short time after mounting the crowns on the zirconium support, they integrate perfectly, becoming imperceptible to patients. This is one of the main goals of technology development, patient comfort always being a priority in new medical solutions.
- Biocompatibility: One of the most controversial aspects of today's dentistry is the restoration of the entire dental structure with biocompatible materials (to be tolerated and accepted by the body). Unlike the rest of the crowns on a metal support (nickel chrome, gaudent, etc.), the zirconium cap is not oxidized by the fluids in the oral cavity, therefore it does not irritate the neighboring tissues with oxides and does not influence the color of the natural teeth in any way. Patients who are very allergic will not have any negative reaction, especially since zirconium oxide ZrO2 has a rare and pure composition, does not corrode, does not have any kind of electrical conductivity and does not irritate.
- Preservation of dental tissue: Dental crowns on zirconium support are made by computerized milling (CAD-CAM process) and are extraordinary from an aesthetic point of view. The CAD/CAM (Computer Assisted Dseign – Computer Assisted Manufacture) method involves the use of a video capture camera, performance, high accuracy of details, coupled/connected to a computer. The computer will realize the full design of the restoration based on the scanned/captured 3D images and will be placed on the tooth prepared by the dentist. For a more complex vision, intended to help the dentist, but also the success of the intervention, in the design of the dental crown will be taken including neighboring teeth, but also antagonistic teeth. Therefore, the dentist using a minimally invasive technique will have to prepare the tooth with minimal tissue loss. After the completion of the computerized design, the information will be transferred to the milling machine, which has high precision diamond tools in its component.
Make an appointment
Sign up for a FREE consultation